ANC - Advisory Neighborhood Commissioners
Ballot Access Information - Vacancies
Master Street Index for Single Member District:
Required Documents to Receive Petitions
Required Documents to File Petitions
- Petition for Recall - 5D05
- Current List of Advisory Neighborhood Commissioners
- Historical listing of ANC Commissioners
- ANC Map
- SMD Master Street Index
- Each of the additional documents required for submission may be completed and saved using the same steps outlined above for nominating petitions.
Tips for Filing your Nominating Petition
- Declaration of Candidacy – The candidate’s name will appear on the ballot as it appears on the Declaration of Candidacy. The Declaration must be signed by the candidate. It may not be signed by anyone else.
- Ballot Access Checklist and Receipt - This receipt acknowledges that you submitted the documents selected in Section IV to the Board of Elections. The candidate/designee completes, signs, and dates this form, and returns it to the Board of Elections in person (by appointment), by mail, or by email at [email protected].
- It is the candidate’s responsibility to review all signatures prior to submission to the Board of Elections. Board staff is not responsible for checking the signatures for campaigns.
- Make sure the “Affidavit of Circulator” on each petition page is completed and signed.
- Before filing, all petition sheets which comprise the entire nominating petitions must be serially numbered and assembled.
- While not required, filing the minimum number of signatures before the last day can be very helpful. If a document is missing or an error made, there is still time to file the missing document or to correct the error before the deadline.
- Once the initial petition that meets the minimum signature requirement has been filed, supplemental petition sheets may be filed until 5:00 pm on the last day for filing.
- If you file in person by appointment, you must come prepared to file – you will not be permitted to prepare to file in the Board’s offices.
We strongly encourage candidates to download and review the documents in this section before filing their ballot access documents.
Office of Campaign Finance (OCF)
List of Registered Voters in ANC/SMD
- ANC candidates: Please be advised there is no registration requirement. OCF will register the candidate based on the list of ANC candidates provided by the Board of Elections. However, OCF will contact the candidate via email with guidance and information on their responsibilities with the office.
Please be advised to request a list of registered voters, download and complete the Request for Voter Registration Data, Maps, or Petitions Signatures Form
, sign it, and return it to the Board of Elections, by email in a scanned attachment to [email protected]
How to submit your candidate filing:
You may submit your filing in one of the following ways:
- By email to [email protected].
- By mail or in person by appointment to:
D.C. Board of Elections
1015 Half Street, SE, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20003-4733
Please contact us at 202-727-2525 or [email protected] with any questions. If you would like to request reasonable accommodation or review this document in an alternative format, please contact the Board’s American with Disability Act (ADA) Coordinator at (202) 253-1741.