If you are interested in serving as an Election Worker, please complete the application below.
- Student Election Workers ages 16-17, please apply here.
- Adult Student Election Workers ages 18+, please apply here.
To serve as an Election Worker, you must be a District of Columbia resident who is at least 16 years of age and attends or has graduated from a public or private secondary school or an institution of higher education.
To serve as a Site Coordinator, you must be a registered voter and a resident of the District of Columbia.
Residency and registration requirements do NOT apply to District government employees.
You will be selected based upon need. If positions are available, you will be contacted by DCBOE staff prior to the election. Not all applicants are selected to serve and not all applicants selected are assigned to their home polling place.
Election Workers must perform the following tasks:
- Complete a training class prior to the election (typically about two-four hours in length).
- Assist in setting up a Vote Center the Friday before the election (typically about two-three hours in length).
- Work at a Vote Center on Election Day from approximately 6 a.m. until 9 p.m.
For more information
Poll Worker Hotline 202-741-5283
Poll Worker E-mail [email protected]
DC Board of Elections
1015 Half Street, SE, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20003
Step 1 of 2: Complete Your Application
Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).